Analyses conducted by Braid-Forbes Health Research are tailored to the client’s primary question and other key needs, and are the property of the client. Custom graphics and presentation slide sets can be generated as part of these reports. All reports produced are compliant with HIPAA and data use agreement requirements.
If the data analysis and/or econometric modeling that we perform warrants publication in a peer-reviewed journal, we can work with clients to generate a manuscript to submit for publication. For this process, we adhere to the International Committee of Medical Journal Editor (ICMJE) guidelines for manuscript preparation and authorship, as well as all HIPAA and data use agreement requirements. A sample of publications we have generated with clients is listed below.
- Braid MJ, Forbes KF, Moran DW. Pharmaceutical "charge compression" under the Medicare outpatient prospective payment system. J Health Care Finance. 2004;30(3):21-33.
- Sohail MR, Henrikson CA, Braid-Forbes MJ, Forbes KF, Lerner DJ. Mortality and cost associated with cardiovascular implantable electronic device infections. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171(20):1821-1828.
- Modhia U, Takemoto S, Braid-Forbes MJ, Weber M, Berven SH. Readmission rates after decompression surgery in patients with lumbar spinal stenosis among Medicare beneficiaries. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38(7):591-596.
- Sohail MR, Henrikson CA, Braid-Forbes MJ, Forbes KF, Lerner DJ. Comparison of mortality in women versus men with infections involving cardiovascular implantable electronic device. Am J Cardiol. 2013;112(9):1403-1409.
- Sohail MR, Henrikson CA, Braid-Forbes MJ, Forbes KF, Lerner DJ. Increased Long-Term Mortality in Patients with Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Device Infections. Pacing & Clinical Electrophysiology. 2015;38(2):231-239.
- Zura R, Braid-Forbes MJ, Jeray K, Mehta S, Einhorn TA, Watson JT, Della Rocca GJ, Forbes K, Steen RG. Bone Fracture Nonunion Rate Decreases with Increasing Age: A Prospective Inception Cohort Study. Bone. 2016 Nov 9;95:26-32. Free Article
- Rankin JS, Lerner DJ, Braid-Forbes MJ, Ferguson MA, Badhwar V. One-year mortality and costs associated with surgical ablation for atrial fibrillation concomitant to coronary artery bypass grafting. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2017 May 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Drake R, Ozols A, Nadeau WJ, Braid-Forbes MJ. Hospital Inpatient Admissions With Dehydration and/or Malnutrition in Medicare Beneficiaries Receiving Enteral Nutrition: A Cohort Study. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2018;42(4): 730-738.
Customer Engagement Apps for Mobile Devices
We can generate additional immediate value for our clients by converting results clinical, economic, and quality data analyses into easily accessible apps for mobile devices. These apps communicate detailed data in an intuitive, interactive way, for use by marketing and sales professionals with payers, hospitals, and physicians.